Skip to main content

How can I clear my criminal record in Florida?

Whitney S. Boan Protecting Your Right

Video Transcript

If you’ve already been convicted of a felony you would have to seek either a clemency or a pardon from the governor of the State of Florida. It becomes a more difficult process but you should talk with a lawyer to see whether or not you qualify for that. Otherwise, if you’ve never been convicted of a crime at all even a petty crime or a misdemeanor you may be eligible to either seal or expunge your record depending on the facts and circumstances of what happened with your case. You should speak with a lawyer to figure out whether or not you are eligible for sealing or expunction of your criminal arrest history and what it would take to do that.