Skip to main content

What steps should I take if I have posted something threatening or incriminating on social media?

Whitney S. Boan Protecting Your Right

Video Transcript

You should speak with a lawyer immediately. You may or may not have the ability based upon what’s happening relative to the facts and circumstances of your situation to even delete that information. You need to speak with a lawyer to make sure that you’re not doing something that could be considered as destruction of evidence which could constitute another criminal charge over and above anything that you may have done that was allegedly criminal conduct. A lawyer can advise you what if any rights you have relative to anything that you may have said, but also they can seek to protect you from any future exposure to criminal liability or prosecution.